- Engage students in CORE content
- Use film viewing and filmmaking as tools to conquering the achievement gap
- Connect film literacy to reading and writing skills
- Use film viewing as a springboard to discussion of difficult and challenging subject matter
- Provide timely professional development for teachers and administrators
AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center recognizes the value of partnerships and is proud to be a member of the DC Arts and Humanities Education Collaborative.
Contact the AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center at SilverEducation@dialyp.com or call
the AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center at 301.495.6720 to learn more about AFI Silver's Education Programs and its partnership with DC Arts and Humanities Education Collaborative.
For information about supporting AFI Silver's education programs financially, please contact Brandon Trainor in the Advancement Office at 301.495.6729 or BTrainor@dialyp.com.
Portraits of America: Democracy on Film – May 16 & 17, 2019
A professional development workshop on film and visual literacy for classroom educators across all disciplines, grades 6–12. This FREE two-day seminar introduces educators to an interdisciplinary curriculum that challenges students to think contextually about the role of film as an expression of American democracy.
Click here to read more.
To register for this FREE event, click "shop" in the menu bar at the top of this page, and select "Democracy on Film."
for access to the accompanying video.